All the people are aware of Netflix that it does give us the use of a number of movies and web series to all of us to get entertained. But there are a lot of different issues which is do come while using Netflix which is not updated. One of the issues is that you see a black screen when you try to watch movies or shows on Netflix.
How To Fix Netflix Black Screen
head in this article we are going to resolve this problem of yours when you try to see a movie or web series on Netflix and you just see a black screen with no sound. Most of the people from all around the world use their laptop to watch shows on Netflix.
Also Read – How To Fix Netflix Site error
there are different methods with the help of which you can resolve this problem, each of these methods is mentioned below. Read each of these methods and follow to resolve the problem of the black screen.
Cleaning the cache of the browser
One of the methods by which we can fix this problem of black screen on our display while playing shows and movies on Netflix is by cleaning the catch history of the browser. To do so we need to follow these steps if we use Google Chrome as a browser.
- First of all, you need to open the Google Chrome browser and then you need to click on the three dots button with will be shown on the top right corner of the browser.
- Then you need to click on the history button.
- After that, you need to click on the Clear browsing data button.
- There you will have to select the advanced tab and in that, you need to click on the time range down drop and select all the time.
- After that, you need to uncheck everything and you have to check on the caught image and files.
- Now you need to click on the clear button to clean it.
So this may help you to get rid of the problem and after that, you can enjoy Netflix.
Another method with the help of which we can get rid of this problem is by cleaning the cookies of Netflix from the history of the browser. To do so we need to go to netflix.com/clearcookies. And then we have to clear the Netflix cookies and after that, you will see that you would be signed out of the Netflix account.
then you have to put the email address of Netflix and then the password of it to sign in to Netflix and watch movies or web series on it. By doing this you may get rid of the problem.
Many times this does happen is that our Windows operating system is not updated in our laptop. And because of this, we are not able to use our laptop with its full efficiency.
And this may be the reason that your Netflix account is not running properly. And to run it properly you need to update the Windows operating system of your device. To do so you need to follow these steps given below.
- First of all, you need to press the Windows logo key + I button together.
- Then you need to click on the update and security button which will be at the bottom left corner.
- There you will see a new window where you will have to click on the check for updates button.
- After that, you will have to update the windows and once it gets installed you need to restart your computer and on the browser, you can try Netflix again.
This may resolve the problem of the black screen.
Disabling the antivirus software
The black screen is shown on Netflix while streaming any of the shoes all web series on it, maybe caused due to the use of antivirus software.
So to run Netflix you need to disable or uninstall the antivirus software and after that, we need to restart our computer to run Netflix. This may help us to get the problem of the black screen resolved.
and this method helps you to see all the Netflix issues then you can install another antivirus on your computer. But if you want to use the old antivirus then you need to talk to the anti-virus team.
Disabling the Chrome extension.
Many people do not know but Chrome extension and very small software programs that customize your browsing experience of a user. With the use of it, anyone can set up Chrome functions according to their need.
But many times this does happens that some of the Chrome extensions are the reason for the non-working of some website. So it may happen that due to Chrome extension your mat to see the Netflix black screen error. Follow these steps to disable the Chrome extension.
- First of all, you need to click on the Google Chrome logo and open it.
- In the search was you need to type Chrome://extensions and then you need to press enter.
- In the new Windows opened you need to click on every Blue button to disable any extension listed in the panel there.
- After doing so you need to close the Chrome browser.
- After that, you need to start the Chrome browser to check whether the Chrome extension is working or not.
- Now you need to enable the installed extension one by one to find which is the one which causes the problem and after that, you need to remove it.
After doing all these things you may be able to run Netflix without any black screen.
Running the browser as administrator
This may be the issue that the browser is not running as administrator and that is why Netflix is showing the black screen while playing or screaming any of the shows or web series. You need to follow the steps to run the Chrome browser as an administrator and use Netflix.
- First of all, you need to close all the browsers that you have opened on your laptop.
- After that, you need to right-click on the Chrome browser icon.
- Then you need to click on the run as administrator button.
And by following these steps you may be able to run Netflix very smoothly.
So whenever we see a black screen error on Netflix account of hours on a laptop then we can resolve that problem by following all the steps and methods that have been given above in this article. as you can see in the above section by clearing the cache file of Netflix we can resolve this problem.
Or by disabling the antivirus we can resolve this problem. De Dana Dan different methods that have been discussed as to when we run the browser as administrator then this issue might get resolved.
Often time the updating of Windows is one of the reason many of the websites does not run or show a black screen. Show updating Windows is one of the methods by which we can resolve this issue.